How To Raise Your Self Esteem

Many people in life would like to gain more confidence or to increase their self esteem. In this article, I give free tips on how to do this. I myself have managed to change my whole life by implementing the advice given. I hope it also proves beneficial for you.

I am Stephen Hill (guest blogger) from England. I had many issues as I grew up from a child, through the teenage years, and finally to adulthood which had a damaging affect on my confidence levels.

These included:
A bald patch on my head
A speech impediment known as a stutter
A weight problem, I was basically too fat
I am quite short at five foot two

Certain people I met would be quite nasty and would try to make fun of me. They would succeed as I would be very hurt from their comments, even though I tried to never show it.

These people were making my life a misery and by the age of twenty-two I had had enough. I decided I needed a big change in attitude and started to read books about life and about positive thinking etc.

These were the things I had to take on board:
It is not important what other people think of you, it is what you think that counts
You need to start to like yourself

There are various things about your person, you do not like but which you can not change. You therefore have to start accepting these things and realizing that maybe there are other people in life who are more unfortunate than you.
You need to have respect for yourself
Do not accept second best in life
Be happy

I tried hard to implement this advice and even though it was not easy to change, I knew I had to. I basically live life to the full now and try not to worry about anything trivial.

No comments:

Post a Comment