Corn Pudding Recipe

Corn Pudding Recipe

Today I had a taste for corn pudding. I had it when I was a little girl and my great grandma made it for me in Virginia. I didn't know how to make it myself so I went on Youtube and found a video that was close to what I remembered it to be.
I will try this recipe and then probably adapt it to my own liking. I didn't know that people put some of everything into their corn pudding. I seen one video with basil in it, one with sweet peppers, one with jalapenos in it. Oh and even cinnamon.

Hope you like this corn pudding recipe like I do.



This is Betty's recipe from the video.

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
14.75 oz. can cream-style corn
3 eggs, well-beaten

Melt 3 tablespoons butter or margarine in a medium saucepan over low heat. remove from heat, and add 1/4 cup flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Stir until smooth. Add 3/4 cup milk, and stir well. Return the saucepan to the stove, and bring this white sauce to a boil over low heat. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until white sauce is thick and bubbly. Remove white sauce from heat, and stir in the 14.75 oz. can of cream-style corn. Now, stir a small amount of the 3 well-beaten eggs into the corn mixture, and then add the rest of the eggs, stirring constantly. Continue to stir the mixture, until all of the beaten eggs are incorporated into the corn mixture. Pour into an oven-proof dish that has been sprayed with cooking oil. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes, or until browned on top, and casserole is fairly well set up. You may let this dish sit for a few minutes, or serve immediately. It is great when served in a small bowl with a square of butter at the side!

Note: The diameter of the baking dish will determine how long you need to cook the corn pudding. I used a standard 9-inch deep dish Pyrex bakind dish, and my corn pudding was ready in 35 minutes. If you use a baking dish that is smaller in diameter, but deeper, your corn pudding may take longer to bake and may be more pudding-like. If your baking dish is larger in diameter and not very deep, then your corn pudding will be done sooner, and it may be more like bread than pudding. All these results are acceptable--as long as *you* like it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment